Monday, September 16, 2013

Pattern Review: McCalls Quick & Easy Skirt 3830 (Pencil Skirt #1)

This is probably the oldest pattern in my stash...its date stamped October 2004!!! So yes, I have had this pattern quite some time.  Sad thing is, it only took me a couple of hours to cut it out and sew it!

Pattern Description: Skirt in 5 lengths. I decided to sew view E, which is knee length.

Pattern Sizing: 16-22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved this pattern. Very simple and easy to make.

Fabric Used: Black/Off White Geometric stretch Poly Twill Sateen 46W purchased from FabricMart.com.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No alterations, however...instead of putting in the waist yoke, I added lining.  I made view D which is a knee length skirt.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will definately sew it again. This pattern can be to base for sew many skirt options. Highly recommend you give it s try. I've had it for almost 10 years and McCalls still has it available for purchase, so the right there lets you know it a popular pattern.

Conclusion: LOVE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...