Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pattern Review - Butterick B5211 Dress


This is definitely one of those dresses that would not sell in stores.  In the hanger it looks like a sack, but once you put it on it transforms into a cute comfy dress.

Pattern Description: Labeled by Butterick as "Fast & Easy" 1 hour pattern

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 22, next time I make it I will probably cut an 20 or 18

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Easy to sew, loose fitting and comfortable.  Can easily be dressed up or dressed down with the right accessories or by constructing with a different fabric choice.

Fabric Used: Unknown, it was a med weight twill with a satin finish I had in my stash. 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Lined

Would you sew it again? Yes

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, every easy dress to make.

Conclusion: Next time I sew it, I will add 3-4" inches to the length.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...