Monday, October 14, 2013

Pattern Review: McCalls M6797 Top

Pattern Description:
 Pullover loose fitting top
Pattern Sizing:
I cut in XL
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It was easy to sew and went together quickly.
Fabric Used:
I used a rib knit that I purchased online for $1.00/yard.  This was made as a "wearable muslin" that I will probably wear to lounge around the house with yoga pants.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None

Would you sew it again? 
Yes, I plan on making this again, in a better fabric.  I make make some alterations to the draped side of the top by removing some of the drape and adding a little more structure to it.
Would you recommend it to others?
Yes I would.  It was an easy top to make and is very versatile. You can dress it up or down depending on the fabric you use and how you accessorize it.



2 comments:

  1. looks great! I need to venture into making something with knit, it just seems like a scarey thing to sew with lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Helen. I used to be the same way, but once I started sewing with knits I love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...