Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dining Room Decor: COMPLETED


One of the goals for this 100 day challenge is completing unfinished projects.  One of my uncompleted projects was my dining room decor...namely the centerpiece.

It all started with the orchid flower arrangement I saw a few years ago, which eventually evolved into the idea of doing the red orchids with the peacock feathers to tie my dining room colors (blue and tan) and living room colors (red and gold) together.  I've had the flowers and the peacock feathers for about a year, before I finally found a bowl that I liked.  Now this is what has been sitting on my dining room table for the last few months, patiently waiting to be completed.

And I have a blank wall that needs "something" but I could never quite figure out "what"...so in the meantime I re-purposed an iron wall hanging from out of my office to the dining room.





Linking this post to this weeks Tablescape Thursday with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Zeva! I am pretty sure this is my first time visiting your blog. I'm so glad to see you on Tablescape Thursday! I try to get to every post each week (even though it takes me several days to do it!), but I don't recall ever seeing yours on here. My misstep, I'm sure. You did a wonderful job with the floral arrangement. Glad you are getting some projects finished. I know how hard that can be sometimes! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your progress. Hope to see you next week on TT, AND I hope you guys find some relief down there in TX from this horridly hot weather! More than a month of consecutive 100+ days is just too much!!!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alycia. It's probably my second time posting to TT. I've neglected my poor little blog and have not posted much, I try but it never quite happens.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...